Becoming a Contributor for Get it Vegan
If you have expertise in a specific field, or you have a unique and interesting perspective without expertise in a specific field, we would love to help you get your message out to our audience. We are currently accepting both one-time guest contributions, as well as on-going monthly contributions.
Why Contribute to Get it Vegan?
By sharing your valuable and engaging insights with our audience, you will be giving back to the vegan community, as well as enjoying numerous other benefits, including:
- Getting your ideas in front of our readers and establishing yourself as a thought leader
- Getting your company known
- Networking with commenters (who, oftentimes, are thought leaders themselves)
- And of course, a high quality “Do-Follow” link to your website, for referral traffic and SEO purposes
Topics We Cover:
While we like to encourage any topics help vegans solve problems or gain clarity, we are specifically looking for articles that cover:
- Health and Fitness
- Food and Nutrition
- Lifestyle and Social Topics
- Animal Welfare and Activism
- Fashion, Beauty and Personal Care
However, if you have an idea for an interesting post that’s relevant to our audience, but doesn’t fall within one of the categories above, just let us know, we’re all ears!
Here’s a brief overview of our quality standards, as well as what we ask for from our contributors:
Images are welcome and encouraged, but not mandatory. However, if you are including an image, we will require the following (whichever applies):
- Proof that you hold the copyright to the image, or
- Proof that it’s licensed under an appropriate creative common license or in the public domain
- Necessary sourcing information if the image requires credit
- A written release allowing the use of likeness of any people involved in the image, if applicable
We ask that you reply to comments on your post in a timely fashion, even if it’s just a short and simple acknowledgement of the comment. This helps us build a community, and helps you build trust and engagement with your new audience.
Linking and Source Attribution
With our goal of being a credible source of information, it is important to support data, research claims and other key information. For that reason, we ask that you please supply the following:
- A hyperlink within your content to its online source
- The date you retrieved the information
We also welcome the inclusion of links to relevant articles that help the reader learn more about the topic. If you have a helpful article on your own website, then by all means, link to that. Promotional and affiliate links are not permitted.
All contributions will go through an editing process after approval. This process involves grooming the article for spelling and punctuation, but can also include breaking up paragraphs, writing paragraph headers, rewriting for clarity, creating or deleting information that is unnecessary. We are dedicated to maintaining your voice, so if substantial change seems necessary, we will ask you to rewrite.
Length of Post & Originality
We ask that you only submit original works, and that they are not published on any other site or media, including personal websites, newspapers, magazines, et cetera. We also ask that they are between 750 and 3,000 words.
Your Author Bio
As a contributor in our community, we would love that you introduce yourself in a short biography (up to 50 words) that we will publish at the bottom of the article. Please include a photo of yourself, a link to one or two of your websites, as well as links to up to three of your social media channels.
Ready to Get Started?
If you’d like to be considered as a contributor for Get it Vegan, please fill out the following contributor application form: